Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Book Review: Radical Beauty

I am always on the lookout for ways to improve my health and beauty routines and I have been a fan of Deepak Chopra since I was young, I remember my mother being interested in his work and reading his books. Radical Beauty by Deepak Chopra and Kimberly Snyder is chock full of useful information. The book looks at beauty holistically with an emphasis on Ayurvedic medicine.

In addition to providing recipes to improve circulation and keep skin hydrated there's also information on optimal amounts of macronutrients and foods to limit/avoid. While I haven't tried any of the recipes in the book I am excited to try the Glowing Green Smoothie. I do try to start my mornings with a room temperature glass of water, which is another tip in the book. According to Radical Beauty, liquids we consume should be taken in at room temperature for optimal health.

The book is jam packed with information, it did take me longer to read than most books but that could be because I was really trying to soak in the information. Because there is so much information I feel like I can pick and choose which items fit my lifestyle and what I can add to my daily routine. Hopefully I will be looking and feeling younger in no time!

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...