Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day, the day of love. We really don't do anything much for Valentine's day. Rob isn't big on holidays (such a huge bummer because if it were all up to me, we'd go crazy for EVERYTHING!).

We almost always spend the day at home and I usually get a card and flowers from Rob. He tries to do something sweet for the girls too, usually a card and candy. Rob has to work today so this year we woke up to a single white rose and card for me and cupcakes and a card for the girls. L cried when I read their card to them. She's a little emotional roller coaster all the time so this wasn't shocking. In kindergarten her teacher said "she's a little sensitive", to which I said "I KNOW!" Seven years later, she is just as sensitive, if not more. I love that she cares so much about EVERYTHING but some days I wish she didn't cry so much because it makes me sad to see her so sad.

I made my crocheted hearts into a small garland to decorate above our table. The girls loved it and thought it was pretty, that made me happy. We worked on schoolwork, all Valentine's Day themed. We took a break to eat cupcakes. Rob will come home and we will eat homemade chicken enchiladas for dinner. Yummy. After dinner we will make some cookies that Rob bought at the grocery store. I asked for Valentine's Day cookies to make with the girls and he brought back chocolate chip cookies with some red chips thrown in. Not what I was expecting but it will have to do.

This will be the 12th Valentine's Day Rob and I have spent together. It has been a long 12 years but I love him just as much today as I did on our first boring Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Love the heart garland! So cute! Cookies with red chocolate chips? love that! Hey I had a question for you- where did you get your social media icons? I want to add some to my blog to link readers to my FB and Twitter.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to use the hearts for Valentines for the girls but I had no supplies and my car is still in California so when the hubby is at work, we don't leave.

      The cookies were WAY too sweet for my liking but the kids loved them!

      I found the social media icons from this awesome website:
      http://www.carrieloves.com/2012/12/free-social-media-icons-updated/
      There are a lot of colors to choose from!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...