Monday, February 25, 2013

My First Award. Yay Me!!

I was nominated for the Liebster Award, by two different bloggers on the same day. Yay for me.  I hadn’t heard of the award so I had to poke around and see what it’s all about. The award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers. It is basically a blog chain letter, and I love chain letters, so I’m in!
Thank you to Epic Mommy Adventures and Pretty Little Dahlia for the nominations!

Here are the rules:

11 facts about me:
I love avocados, seriously love them. I cut them open, sprinkle on some salt and eat the tastiness out of the middle with a spoon!
I married my husband after only knowing him for four months. We went to the same middle school but never knew each other; he was a grade higher than me in school.
I broke my leg in 7th grade, at a church, chasing a boy. I was there for a teen night, not church services.
I am tall, 5 foot 10 inches. My mom is short, 5 foot 4 inches.
I have a serious addiction to Coca-Cola, I’m working on getting off the sweet liquid gold but it’s hard!
My favorite shoes are flip flops.
I lived in Southern California my whole life (until recently).
I would love to live by the ocean or in Portland, Oregon.
My favorite ice cream is cookies and cream.
I have one brother; he’s 5 years younger than me. He’s tall too.
I got married in Las Vegas; at the same little chapel my husband’s parents were married. It doesn’t exist anymore

Since I received two nominations in one day I will answer questions from both Epic Mommy Adventures and Pretty Little Dahlia.

1. What or who was your inspiration to start blogging? I started blogging in order to keep our families updated on our travels. We packed up everything we owned for the open road. We left everyone we knew behind. I wanted a way for everyone to see what we were doing.
2. If you could had a Reset button or a time machine, what would you go back and redo? I’m not sure. I try not to dwell on the shoulda, coulda, woulda’s but I think I might not have done this RV trip and I would have stayed in California.
3. What is your favorite color? Why? It is a tie between pink and purple. I like those colors because they are pretty, of course!
4. What would be your advice for a newbie blogger? Well, I think of myself as a newbie since I’ve only been at this since October 2012 so I don’t have any advice to give yet.
5. What do you want from your blog? I want my blog to make people smile. I wish I was funnier in writing because I think I’m hilarious but it doesn’t really come out well when I try to write it, so I guess I’m really not that funny. I don’t have big plans for my blog,  I just like to talk and hope people want to listen (or read).
6. What is the one technology gadget that you cannot live without? Why? My iPhone. It is cracked up and down and I can barely see anything on the screen but I do everything on that phone. I can text my hubby while he’s at work, call my mom, check Facebook and do whatever else I need to on my phone and I would probably have a panic attack without it.
7. Do you have another hobby other than blogging? What is it? I guess my hobby would be crocheting. I learned when pregnant with my oldest daughter, it’s harder for me to learn since I am left-handed and most directions are written for right-handed people. I am also too lazy to memorize the abbreviations so I just do my own thing with it.
8. What is your favorite book or movie of all times? My favorite book is Fahrenheit 451. I read it in 9th grade and it reminded me of how I think the world is becoming so I like it but it makes me sad. My favorite movie is Untamed Heart, I don’t know why but I love that movie!!
9. What are some of your favorite foods you love to eat? In-n-Out Animal Fries!! I wish I had some right now. I miss those unhealthy little fries more than anything else. I also love cherries, real ones not the ones that come in a jar, those are gross.
10. What is one of your pet-peeves? I have so many. I can’t handle slow people on the freeway, like really slow! Oh, I also don’t like when people pull to the side of the road to play in black snow. It drives me crazy!! We lived in the mountains for four years and people would do this all the time, it’s gross, it causes traffic backups and it is gross!! Drive a little further up people and find a nice, clean area to play in OFF the road.
11. What are you most proud of and why? My kids. They are the four most amazing people I have ever met and I am lucky to be their mom! Even on the days I want to jump in the car and run away from it all.

11 blogs I nominate (this was hard, I love so many blogs) :
Crazy Little Lovebirds
Story of a Girl...  
Erin The Irish Mama 
A Traveling Wife 
Our Before & After
Firefly Tales
Juggling Real Food and Real Life
A Mommabear's Life
Monday's Nugget
Jillybean
Three Sisters and Us

My questions for these bloggers. Actually these are the left over questions from Pretty Little Dahlia and Epic Mommy Adventures because I am lazy:

1.  Why did you choose to start blogging?
2.  Which is your favorite blog post so far that is in your blog?
3.  What is your goal for your blog?
4.  Do you have a favorite blog(ger)?
5.  What do you look for in blog in order for you to start following it?
6.  What is the technology gadget that you cannot live without?
7.  What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
8.  Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
9.  What is your favorite show or movie? Why?
10. What is your favorite month of the year?
11. What is your most embarrassing moment?  

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination.

    I love to crochet. I wish I got around to doing it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did it more too. I wish I took the time to learn new things to crochet but if it looks complicated or has a lot of abbreviations I just give up and do something easy!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Jen Marie. So happy for you.

    Thank you so much for the follow and nice comment! You are the best. New follower here! Please be sure to stop back at Ducks ‘n a Row every week for our WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY BLOG HOP. It goes live Tuesday nights at 7pm Eastern time.
    Many blessings, Sinea from Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I will for sure participate in your blog hop on Wednesday!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your award!
    Have a lovely week!
    With Smiles,
    Angie at http://snackcupsandsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats bloggy friend! Good for you!! I just realized tonight that I had never signed up to follow you! How did i miss that? Sorry! Problem solved now;)
    vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No biggie, I have forgotten to follow a few blogs I like. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being nominated! (And thank you for nominating me, I really appreciate it) Loved your post!

    http://crazylittlelovebirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the nominations!

    I'm an avocado fan too. Plus my husband and I met and got married around the same time frame as you and your husband :-)

    ~ Dorothy (@TheSaneMom)
    http://thesanemom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I wasn't the only crazy one! :) I used to feel weird telling people that we only knew each other for a short amount of time but we've been married almost 13 years so I guess it wasn't such a bad thing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...