Monday, January 28, 2013

Missing my Family

I am feeling a little under the weather today so I've been laying in bed. It's given me plenty of time to think about my family and how much I miss them. I am really missing my little brother right now!

We all got to talk to him the other day, he called to say happy birthday to G. He also said hello to the rest of the girls, even C. I talked to him for awhile and he also asked to talk to Rob. We haven't talked in along time, like almost a year! I hate calling people and he's a busy young man. He is living in Arizona now, working as a chef, basically living his dream. It makes me jealous sometimes that he's been so lucky and successful in his life but I still love him super bunches and would do anything for him.

He said he might try to come out to Tennessee for a visit and that makes me happy. The girls love the heck out of him, even though they don't see or talk to him as much as they'd like. If it were up to the girls he would still be living with my parents, and come to think of it, I think the girls would like us to ALL live with my parents! I hope he really can come for a visit soon!

Missing this dude, a lot!

I have been thinking a lot about the amount of family the girls have. Basically, Rob's family and my family both have a lot of drama which is a bummer. It leaves my kids with plenty of grandparents (and that makes me happy) but basically just one uncle, my brother. They do have another uncle and an aunt and I'm pretty sure two cousins, all on Rob's side of the family but Rob doesn't talk to his sister or brother, which also makes me sad. Rob and I both have aunts and uncles we don't talk to either, and cousins, and Rob has a few grandparents he's not very close with. I don't know all the details of Rob's relationships with his family members but I do know mine. My family is full of nut jobs and it is best that we don't talk to them! It's sad, but true.

Because of this, I have been wishing my brother fall in love and get married and make little babies for a few years now! I don't think it will happen any time soon but a girl can dream, right? If he did have babies he's so far away that I'd never get to see them. So, I have devised a plan...I need to find a girl here for him to fall in love with. I know his type - tall, blonde and snobby. I need to find this girl so that I can stage a love intervention when he comes to visit. Okay, I am just kidding, of course, but I do want him to have babies soon!

On a side note I just realized something...as I stopped typing for a few minutes to throw together a quick lunch for the kids, I realized that my brother and A have something in common. She is smearing ketchup and mustard all over her bologna sandwich. When we were kids my brother did the same thing! Memories!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have family that lives far away and I miss them like crazy too. I’m a new follower of your blog from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine. Thanks :0)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am now following you, as well. Your cats are adorable!

      Delete
  2. Family... enough said, right? :0 The good with the bad but we sure miss them sometimes, huh?
    Vicky
    www.thepursuitofnormalblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's interesting how people can be raised together, by the same people and turn out so differently.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...