Friday, January 25, 2013

Confession Friday: I Don't do Barf! (might be TMI but that's how I roll)

Tuesday night C wasn't feeling well, probably due to all the sweets they ate while celebrating G's birthday. In my room we had a "barf bucket" in case C started throwing up from her tummy ache.

G was sick on Wednesday. She crawled into my bed and said she didn't feel good. She had a tummy ache and a headache. I told her to go lay on the couch and watch cartoons for a few minutes and I'd be up in a second. She asked if she could take the "barf bucket" with her, just in case. Of course I said yes! She took about two steps before she was throwing up in the bowl. Rob was asleep on the couch so he helped her out. And, I did what I always do, yelled from the bedroom "thanks for handling that! You know I don't do barf!!"

I can't handle it. Just writing about it is making my stomach turn. I can't stand throw up. I can't even deal with my own puke. I try to avoid it at ALL COSTS. I can handle a blown up poopy diaper leaking down my kid's leg but puke is a big NO.

I am very thankful for my husband who does handle all the barf in this house! He will come home and clean it up in the middle of the night from work. He's cleaned it from our floors, couch, beds, walls, EVERYWHERE! I am lucky to have married someone with such a strong stomach and someone that lets me say "I don't do barf!"
Love this dude for so many reasons and especially for his ability to handle barf!

4 comments:

  1. I had the hardest time with barf too. I was a single mom though so I kind of had no choice. Thankfully, my son wasn't a big puker. I was a dental records tech for a while and did impressions of teeth for braces. So much barfing took place that I became very used to it. I didn't enjoy it, but I lost my own gag reflex. My motto really is, I don't do snot. I can handle anything but that. :) Have a wonderful day!

    http://heresmytakeonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I never became a nurse, can't do the barf! I am a total snot master, though. I can suction the snot out of a kid like nobody's business. Now that I think about it, it's pretty gross, especially the sound snot makes when it's being sucked out of a nose, but it really doesn't bother me. I'll choose snot over barf any day!! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't do barf very well either, lol. My gag reflex is super duper sensitive.

    I love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably my favorite picture of him. He's goofy so often but never really lets anyone get a picture of it so it makes me happy! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...