Thursday, January 3, 2013

Granny Squares


I just learned how to make granny squares! I am so excited about it!!
The one with the yellow center was the first one I made!
I have been admiring these cute little squares since I first learned to crochet a few years back. My mom taught me a few basics of crochet when I was pregnant with La, since then I haven’t done much with it. I love to crochet but I’m too lazy to learn the abbreviations. 

I have so many ideas and projects to crochet in my head but I don’t have enough yarn to really do anything. I won’t be able to afford all the yarn I want for a few more weeks but I really wanted to crochet so I started looking at granny squares online. I found a pretty simple tutorial here at CraftStylish.com.This was the easiest tutorial to follow that I have found. 

I’m running out of the blue yarn so I think I’m done for now. By the time I started on my third square I could do it without looking back at the instructions. That makes me happy! 

Now, I need to figure out how to connect these little guys. I found a tutorial on connecting squares here at Carina's Craftblog. It is lunch time for the kiddos so I’ll have to try this out later. If you have any tips for joining granny squares feel free to pass them along!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've always wanted to learn to crochet, but no one in my family has that gift. My boss has offered to teach me. I just might try this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a lot to learn. I watch a lot of YouTube videos to learn more. Since I'm left-handed I usually get confused and just try to figure it out. It's fun, though and usually provides a good distraction when I'm bored or hungry. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...