Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goals...


I usually don’t make goals. I guess it’s because I’m too lazy to think about the things I want to accomplish. Or, maybe it’s because when I realize I’ve accomplished very little in life, I’ll feel depressed. Either way, I decided to put my goals out there in the world, in hopes that it will serve as encouragement to complete them!

So here they are:

Finish my bachelor’s degree, in the next six months. I have been working on my degree for far too long. There have been many ups and downs along the way and although I won’t finish with the degree I set out to complete the degree is still an accomplishment. I feel disappointed and a little embarrassed (for lack of a better word) that I won’t be finishing school with my teaching credential. I realize that it was pretty much impossible for me and changing my program was really my only option. That being said, I feel like I wasted years of my life on a degree that I feel is useless. I will finish though, and I can at least say that I have a bachelor’s degree in educational studies, even if the degree will never do anything else for my life. 

Learn graphic design. I have always had an interest in design and have wanted to learn graphic design for a long time. I don’t have a time frame for accomplishing this since at the time being I can’t afford any schooling in graphic design. I have looked into a few programs and the one I would like to enroll in is from sessions.edu. The program is pricy (but not as pricy as others) so it will take time for me to save the money for tuition. I have also thought about teaching myself. I might try that, since I can’t afford proper training. I worry though, that if I buy the software and books I won’t have the motivation to learn it all. I tend to be lazy and I might start it but not finish. So, if I do decide to try it on my own, my goal will to not be lazy about learning!

Bake some decent treats! I dream of opening cupcake shops (among all the other “shops” I dream about opening) but the problem with this dream is I am a horrible baker. A bad, bad baker. I have tried too many times and each time my baked goods are pretty much disgusting. I have pretty much given up on making cupcakes because they turn out to be tiny, hard balls of death. Since I can’t make a decent cupcake I tried to make some biscuits, they seem easy enough. Ha, not for me. My biscuits come out the exact same way my cupcakes do, inedible! I will learn how to make cupcakes and biscuits this year! And, once I can make a tasty cupcake and biscuit I will learn to bake a pie. I don’t like pie but I just think it would be nice to say “yeah, I can bake the heck out of a pie!” My husband likes pies so he’ll be my taste-tester since I don’t eat fruit in any other form than its natural state!If anyone has tips or recipes, please send them my way!!


Learn to sew. Technically I can hem a pair of pants and sew on a button but I want to really know how to sew. I have a sewing machine, my mom bought it for me about 10 years ago and I have used it exactly once! I don’t even have it with me, I let my mom use it about four years ago and I never had a reason to ask for it back. I want to learn to sew using that sewing machine. Once I learn how to use that machine I’d like to buy a really good machine and pass down the older machine to the girls. It will take me awhile to learn to sew so I’ll give it a few years to really learn. I know nothing about sewing machines, but I've heard Singer is a good brand, I'd like this one.

Learn photography. One of the many things I’ve wanted to do in my life was to be a photographer. I realized a few years ago that I was horrible at taking pictures. I used to cut the heads off of people and just didn’t really do a good job. In order to take better pictures I should probably stop being lazy and read my camera’s manual. I have a small digital camera that Rob bought me a few years ago for Christmas. I love the camera but I dream about an awesome DLSR with many lenses, I have dreamed about a nice camera for years. This goal costs money too, so in the meantime I definitely need to learn to use the camera I have. Eventually I will be able to afford the camera of my dreams and then I’ll really dedicate myself to learning that sucker as soon as I get it! I also know nothing about cameras but I really like this one from Canon.

Well, most of my goals have to do with things I want to learn. I have always wanted to know how to do so many things. I hope that I really will accomplish all these goals and then I can brag about all the things I can do J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...