Friday, August 16, 2013

Sweet and Salty Caramel Popcorn

I really wish I could bake, but I can't. Every time I try the item I am baking comes out of the oven as hard as a rock and ready to be used as a weapon. While I was making caramel popcorn for the girls I suddenly realized why I am so terrible at baking. I hate measuring!! I am terrible at making sure everything is measured, I like to throw things in a pot and call it a day. So, I will probably never be a great baker but at least I can make sweet treats for the kids that don't need to be baked.

Here's the recipe for my Sweet and Salty Caramel Popcorn. It is so gooey and delicious I could eat it all day long!!
caramel popcorn

Ingredients:

About 10 cups of air popped popcorn (this is a complete guess, I was going to measure so my recipe would be accurate but I forgot to. I filled my popper to the max fill line and used most of what popped out of the machine!)
popcorn
bowls of popcorn

One stick of unsalted butter

One cup of white sugar

Coarse salt

Directions:

Cook sugar on medium heat until it is completely melted. Make sure to stir the sugar constantly. (A took all my pictures so I could keep stirring).

Once the sugar is melted, add butter. Continue stirring and cooking over medium heat for five minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
stages of sugar

Arrange popcorn in a shallow layer in baking dish. Sprinkle salt over the popcorn and then drizzle with some of the caramel sauce. Add another layer of popcorn and sprinkle with salt and caramel. Continue layering until all the popcorn and caramel are gone. Mix with two forks to distribute the caramel to all the popcorn.

assembling caramel corn
making caramel corn
sweet and salty caramel popcorn
After the caramel is all mixed in I let it sit for a few minutes before letting the kids dig in.
taste testers
taste tester
enjoying caramel popcorn

4 comments:

  1. We love Crunch n Munch and I could make so much more than just a box with this more. Thanks for sharing! New follower here, hoping you'll stop by my blog and say hello and follow back :)
    http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely be cheaper to make a big batch of this. Crunch n Munch is yummy but those little boxes add up! I just stopped by your blog and I can't wait to try out some of your crafts. :)

      Delete
  2. Sweet and salty combined? Yes please!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe... I'll have to try it out soon!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. If you do try it let me know how you like it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...