Friday, July 19, 2013

The Secret to a Long Marriage

Rob and I have been married for almost 13 years. Our anniversary is in August, only a few weeks away!! I've been thinking a lot about the time we've spent married to each other. I've wondered how we've managed to not kill each other yet.

love birds
source
I realized the secret to our long marriage is...drum roll please...separate covers! It's true. We haven't shared a blanket in about 3 years and our life hasn't been better. (That last part might not be true, but I do love my own covers!)

Here's why it is awesome:

I don't have to smell his noxious fumes because they are safely trapped under is own covers on his side of the bed.

I can roll around and twist myself up like a burrito and not worry about him freezing next to me, because he can do the same thing with his own blanket. 

If I'm hot I can throw the covers on the floor without him ever knowing.

When he wakes up he can crawl out of bed without disturbing me. Not really, because I am a very light sleeper. But, I am excellent at pretending to still be asleep.

I don't have to feel the scratching of his creepy toenails on my legs, because I am wrapped up tighter than an egg roll. 

If I am super cold, I can steal his covers and use both blankets! 

We ended up with separate blankets on accident. I bought a comforter for our bed a few years ago and I didn't realize that it was a twin sized comforter. I guess I should pay more attention. I brought it home and we realized it was too small. Instead of doing the smart thing and returning it, we kept it. Then, a few weeks after trying to share the tiny blanket we went and bought another twin comforter, so we'd each have one!

Sometimes I think about  buying a comforter to fit our bed but then I remember how much I like my own blanket. Maybe when the two blankets we have are completely worn out I will buy one comforter. But, it will have to be the hugest comforter known to man, so that I can at least pretend I have my own covers.

10 comments:

  1. In our almost 14 years of marriage...this never occurred to me! Fabulous idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have separate covers too :) My husband is a blanket hog, so we can never share. We will be married ten year in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I thought everyone would think I was crazy when I wrote this!! :)

      Delete
  3. haha this made me laugh, we do something similar! We have seperate sheets (so I can wrap myself up like a burrito lol) under our bedspread. happy 13 years!!

    Em

    Win a pair of Manitobah Moccasins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you laugh! I love the idea of separate sheets, if I ever do decide to buy one comforter for our bed I will definitely have to get separate sheets!

      Delete
  4. http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/07/blog-hop.html come join me for my blog hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linked up last night. Thanks for reminding me!!

      Delete
  5. ha ha, that was funny! 10 years and counting, don't have separate sheets yet, but we have a super sized one :)
    -Reshama
    www.stackingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it funny, I was hoping other people would see I was being silly. We really do have separate blankets though! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...