Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our first visitors

My mom called me last week to tell me she was going to book a flight for her and my dad to come out and visit us here in Tennessee. We were all pretty excited at the idea of seeing my parents. As a family we have spent tons of time with my parents. We usually spend every holiday with them and we visit them often. My mom and dad have been the only ones to babysit any of the girls. It has been weird being so far away from them.

On Friday of last week my mom sent an email that they would rather drive. She said they would drive our minivan out here so that we could have it and they'd shove some stuff from our other storage unit in it. This made us even more excited. I really am missing the minivan, words that I never thought I would say! I refuse to drive the monster truck so I haven't driven a car in six months. I can't wait to be able to leave the house without a driver! I hope I still remember how to drive.

Saturday my dad texted Rob that they might be driving an RV out here. My parents had plans to look at an RV on Monday. Monday night my dad sent me a text showing me their new (to them) RV. It looks pretty awesome and I'm excited for them to get here so we can check it out. The RV needs work before they can leave but they are hoping to finally head this way tomorrow. If it all goes as planned, the RV will be road ready by the morning. If not, we'll have to wait longer to see them, which sucks.

I hope they have fun driving that thing across the country. I can't wait to tell them where they should stop and stay on their way back to Arizona. I want them to get here as quick as possible so I will save all of my cool travel spots for when they are here! There are so many amazing places they can see now that they have an RV. I don't know what their plans are since the last time we talked (before the flight conversation) my mom was telling me they might buy a house in Arizona with my brother. Now, with the RV I don't know if they plan to travel around for awhile or if they're just going to use it for weekend trips. I guess I'll find out when they finally get here.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it'll be a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww it sounds like it'll be a great visit and a trip for your parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they have fun driving across the country, but not too much fun because I just want them to get here already!

      Delete
  3. Yay! This sounds great! I'm so glad you're going to be able to see them! Keep us up to date with what is going on.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all pretty excited. I think the hubs is more excited at the thought of his big TV and his guitar stuff being delivered.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...