Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Wheels Won't be Rolling Anymore!

so happy
C's shirt pretty much says it all!

We officially have a place to live! We are signing the lease on Friday!! After countless days, weeks and months of searching we found the perfect (enough) house to rent. It's a townhouse, so it doesn't meet all of my wishlist but it is pretty darn close. We will have 1,500 square feet, three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths (thank GOODNESS) and a one-car garage. The girls and the dogs won't have the big backyard I wanted for them but we do have a small, not at all private, patio. I am also very excited about the master bedroom. I have a huge walk-in closet and a big garden tub. I also love that the laundry room is upstairs so I don't have to lug laundry up and down stairs!! At one house we lived in I had to take laundry up and down two sets of stairs, I HATED that!! We have lived in three different houses that have had the laundry downstairs so this will be exciting (yes, I am that lame!). We fell in love with this place the moment we walked in and we were all hoping we'd get it. When we found out we were approve the screaming by the girls with excitement shook this RV.

Moving into a house is bittersweet. I will miss the freedom to leave whenever we want to. I will also miss all the time we were able to spend together. There were days when I was hating life, when we were dry camping along the Texas coast and the humidity in the RV was suffocating me was one of those times. I still loved that beach and wish I was there right now! We didn't make it to all the places we wanted to see but I know we will get there soon. It will just take longer, since we will be doing it on vacations and long weekends. We are thinking of selling the RV. I might cry if we do, we have so many amazing memories in this big metal box. We plan to use the money from selling this to get an awesome tent so we can still have adventures. The rest of the money will go to paying off our debt. If we do sell it, I hope whoever buys it will have as much fun as we did.

I have learned many things on this trip but the thing that I think is most important is if you aren't happy it's up to you to do something about it. We were in a rut in our old life, we did something crazy and so far it has worked out for us. We have visited so many places and without just doing this we wouldn't have ever seen most of them. It's been a long, hard road to finding a place but Tennessee is now our home. It might not be forever but it is where we want to be now.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding a home! An upstairs laundry room does sound handy. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    I just wanted to say WELCOME to the Chain Linky Climb Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Our washer and dryer are still in CA so it will be awhile before I get to test out the awesomeness of an upstairs laundry room!!

      Delete
  2. what exciting news! i'm looking forward to reading older posts about your travels, i found you on sverve :)

    feel free to visit my blog when you have the chance!

    http://themanyadventuresofmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me on sverve! Thanks for stopping by! I am heading over to your blog now. Have a great week.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...